An asset is in the "No Communication" state and displays a red exclamation mark.
Each asset can have a CommunicationState tag which monitors the values of one or more MonitorTags. By default, the CommunicationState tag is named <YourSite>-<YourAsset>-CommunicationState.
The value of the CommunicationState tag depends on the status of designated MonitorTags. A MonitorTag is any tag from the same asset which has the MonitorTag=true attribute.
The CommunicationState tag can have several different values:
|1||No reply from data source|
|2||No session could be created on the data source|
|3||1+ MonitorTag is failing|
|4||1+ MonitorTag has bad quality|
|5||1+ MonitorTag is flatlining|
Step 1: Find the CommunicationState and MonitorTags
Use the Tag Manager tool (Administration > Tag Manager) to search for tags like
- AND Attributes is %MonitorTag%
Once the relevant MonitorTag tags have been identified, view them in a trend to ensure that they are getting good current data. Additional troubleshooting may be required to determine why a particular tag is not receiving current data.
Step 2: Identify reasons why the CommunicationState is not good
If CommunicationState equals 1 or 2
- Verify that the data source is online.
- Check the status of other tags coming from the same data source -- if all tags from the same data source are offline, then it may indicate an issue with the data source or with the Bazefield connection to the data source.
- If the data source is online and data can be verified in a third-party client, please reach out to Bazefield support.
If CommunicationState equals 3, 4 or 5
- Check other assets from the same data source -- if only a subset of assets from the same data source have problems, the bad CommunicationState may indicate an issue with the specific asset.
If CommunicationState is stale or the quality is Bad
- The issue may be with the Communication Monitor service itself -- please reach out to Bazefield support.
Product Environment and Version
Asset Operations tool
Article last updated for Bazefield version: 220.127.116.11